Submissions are open!
Red Weather is putting together a fall-themed digital edition. We are accepting spooky and seasonal submissions from members of the MSUM community, which will be posted to our website on October 31.
Red Weather, MSUM's resident Publishing Club, wants to include your autumn- and Halloween-themed poetry, short prose, short films, musical compositions, and visual art in our 2021 Fall Edition!
Please read the following guidelines carefully before submitting your work:
- You may submit multiple times, but please submit each piece in its own file as a unique submission. This makes the screening process much more efficient for our editors. We will consider a maximum of five (5) submissions from each creator, and a maximum of three (3) submissions from each creator may fall within the prose, film, or music categories.
- Poems and prose must be submitted in .doc, .docx, or .rtf file format.
- Visual art must be submitted in .jpg or .tiff file format (minimum 300dpi, maximum 20MB).
- Short films must be submitted in .mp4 format (maximum 10 minutes).
- Music must be submitted in .mp3 or .mp4 format (maximum 10 minutes).
- Your name should not appear anywhere inside the submitted file, including in the file name. This allows our editors to remain unbiased.
- Only submissions from Minnesota State University Moorhead students, faculty, staff, and alumni will be considered. Please include your relation to the MSUM community within your author/artist bio.
Submissions close October 20, 2021. The digital edition will be available on our website beginning October 31, 2021.
All submissions from within the MSUM community will be considered for publication in the digital edition. Submissions will be blindly screened and selected by members of the Publishing Club. Authors of selected poetry and prose pieces may receive requests to edit their piece(s). If your work is accepted for publication, you grant Red Weather as publisher first worldwide print and electronic rights, after which all rights revert to the author.